Thursday, August 13, 2009

SPECIAL TREASURE!

My last post on thinking good thoughts from the scripture in Philippians 4 was really put into action today. I was able to help a family by taking them dinner. This wife and mother of two is so depressed, debilitated, and discourage all because of her thinking. I also believe she has some physical issues she is dealing with but mainly it is her thinking. She seems to have fallen into a sleepless depression and can only hear negative thought and is even having depressing dreams. I was unsure I wanted to go into this situation but was surprised to see her open the door with a smile and looking really "together". After listening for quite a while I simply encouraged her and gave her one scripture from Ps 34: 4 I sought the LORD, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
All the fearful thoughts and fears were totally a lie that she was choosing to believe. A thought came to me (something I have pondered in the past) that there is one "GOOD THING ABOUT A LIE!" the opposite is the TRUTH!! We know that the biggest weapon the devil has is lying. How did he get Eve eat from the tree? A lie. The bible says that he, the devil was a murderer from the beginning and there is NO TRUTH in him
He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.John 8:44
So dear friends when you start thinking thoughts that would take away your courage, or thoughts that are always accusing you of the wrong you have done, remember that they are just lies and think the opposite.
Is it really that simple ? Yes! Remember this scripture...
Deuteronomy 7:6 ....the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.
You are loved and favored and God's special treasure !

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful pearls of wisdom my dear friend. If you don't mind I will link you to my blog. I have many friends in blog land that would be so blessed to hear words from God's lips to your ears to our hearts:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read "A Woman Who Is" and followed her to your blog. I love the Philippians passage and find myself repeating it often to combat the negative forces in my life. I'm looking forward to reading more of your inspired thoughts. Welcome to blogland. ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the well wishes!! I love to share my God thoughts! Yes Yes please do link this to yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out on my side bar the label "Blog Stuff" It is a ways down and has links to sites others have recommended for bling on your blog. How nice of Kathy to stop by. Another thing that helps get your blog rolling...is to leave comments on other peoples blogs. Some will follow you back here for a visit.

    ReplyDelete